Announcing Mike Gottlieb as new NOTA Borehole Geophysics Operations Manager

Glen Mattioli mattioli at unavco.org
Fri Oct 2 17:26:15 UTC 2020

It is my pleasure to announce that Mike Gottlieb will be assuming the role of NOTA Borehole Geophysics Operations Manager effective Oct. 3rd. <x-apple-data-detectors://0>  This role was formerly held by Dave Mencin, who recently transitioned to the Interim Director of Geodetic Data Services.  I would like to thank Dave for skillfully managing the Borehole Geophysics program at UNAVCO for many years as well as for his help at bringing about a smooth transition and appointment of Mike, who will continue his legacy and strong commitment to maintaining UNAVCO’s leadership in strain observations for the US and global scientific community.

Mike has been with UNAVCO since 2006, first as an engineer during the construction phase of the EarthScope Plate Boundary Observatory, as PBO Borehole Geophysics Project Manager I starting in 2012, and then continuing as a PMII in 2014 through the present.

Mike brings deep understanding and vast experience in all aspects of the borehole geophysics program at UNAVCO to his new role as the NOTA Borehole Geophysics Operations Manager. Mike will be reporting directly to me as the GI Director. He will be leading our efforts to enhance the NOTA Borehole Geophysics network as well as positioning this unique and highly leveraging geophysical array for new applications through the close of the GAGE Facility and beyond. Please join with me in congratulating Mike on his new role within GI.

Glen S. Mattioli, Ph.D.
Director of Geodetic Infrastructure
UNAVCO, Inc.
6350 Nautilus Drive