GPS field equipment loans available

Beth Pratt-Sitaula prattsitaula at unavco.org
Wed Dec 15 22:57:28 UTC 2021

Hello Geodesy Community

As you consider the teaching you will be doing in the coming spring and summer, we want to make sure that you are aware of the opportunity to borrow GPS/GNSS equipment from UNAVCO/GETSI Project (Geodesy Tools for Societal Issues)* for undergraduate teaching in courses with field components. (*Project funding from NSF. Loans within USA only.)

We have multiple teaching kits of Emlids Reach RS2 GPS receivers that include 1 base receiver, 4 rover receivers, and associated tripods and polls. This larger teaching kit allow more student teams to be actively surveying simultaneously. The equipment loans are free except for shipping/receiving which is $225 for 5-receiver kit and $125 for 2-receivers (waivers available). Learn more about the equipment and how to request it:
https://serc.carleton.edu/getsi/teaching_materials/high-precision/equipment.html <https://serc.carleton.edu/getsi/teaching_materials/high-precision/equipment.html>

There are also two teaching modules that can help support teaching with geodetic field methods
Analyzing High Resolution Topography with TLS and SfM <https://serc.carleton.edu/getsi/teaching_materials/high-rez-topo/index.html>
High Precision Positioning with Static and Kinematic GPS/GNSS <https://serc.carleton.edu/getsi/teaching_materials/high-precision/index.html>
As well as manual/guides for Emlid receivers <https://serc.carleton.edu/getsi/teaching_materials/high-precision/equipment.html#emlid> and software related to using geodetic methods <https://serc.carleton.edu/getsi/teaching_materials/field-prep-data/index.html#software>.

Please let me know if you have any questions
—Beth

Beth Pratt-Sitaula, PhD
UNAVCO Science Education Project Manager
prattsitaula at unavco.org | 509-899-3480 | www.unavco.org