Teaching Geodesy resources

Beth Pratt-Sitaula prattsitaula at unavco.org
Wed Dec 29 01:03:04 UTC 2021

Hello Geodesy Community

As you prepare for the coming term, I wanted to draw your attention to resources available for teaching with geodetic data and methods — from GPS/GNSS to gravity to InSAR and more.

Teaching Geodesy <https://serc.carleton.edu/NAGTWorkshops/geodesy/index.html> (part of NAGT’s Cutting Edge collection) - UNAVCO has taken over editorship of this site
Visualizations <https://serc.carleton.edu/NAGTWorkshops/geodesy/visualizations.html> - we recently revamped the page to make it easier to find geodesy-related resources
Teaching Activities <https://serc.carleton.edu/NAGTWorkshops/geodesy/activities.html> - pulls resources from across SERC and NAGT collections (including GETSI). Keep your eyes on this section, we are in the process of locating and adding even more activities from UNAVCO and SERC.
GEodesy Tools for Societal Issues (GETSI) <https://serc.carleton.edu/getsi/index.html> - although you may already be familiar with this site, now is a good time to double check if any of the resources fit your upcoming courses.
Share Your Experience Survey <https://serc.carleton.edu/getsi/share_experience.html> - if you have used any GETSI modules take 20 minutes to complete a survey and receive $100 stipend (for US-based instructors)

Please let me know if you have any questions
-Beth

Beth Pratt-Sitaula, PhD
UNAVCO Science Education Project Manager
prattsitaula at unavco.org | 509-899-3480 | www.unavco.org