Alaska EarthScope and Beyond, February 1

Elliott, Julie L julieelliott at purdue.edu
Mon Feb 1 14:39:04 UTC 2021

The next Alaska EarthScope and Beyond seminar will be today, Mon February 1, 3-4 pm eastern time. The talk will be:

Imaging Northern Cordillera lithosphere tectonic fabric and oriented transcrustal magmatic arc structures with receiver functions
Vera Schulte-Pelkum, University of Colorado

The registration link for the webinar is given below:
https://msu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_CnIZAL8WSeWWDo3pW2Oq9w

We had a great attendance last week, and we hope you will join us this afternoon!

On Feb 8, our speakers will be:
Thorne Lay, University of California, Santa Cruz
Carl Tape, University of Alaska Fairbanks

We have a specific mailing list set up for this series – broad announcements will be sent out only through next week. If you want to be on the mailing list for the whole semester and all synthesis events, send an email request to Sarah Roeske (smroeske at ucdavis.edu<mailto:smroeske at ucdavis.edu>).

We are still collecting volunteers and nominations for additional speakers, through Monday. If you want to volunteer yourself or someone else, email Julie Elliott (julieelliott at purdue.edu<mailto:julieelliott at purdue.edu>).

Rick Aster, Julie Elliott, Jeff Freymueller, and Sarah Roeske