Alaska EarthScope and Beyond seminar, Mon February 8 3-4 pm eastern time

Freymueller, Jeffrey freymuel at msu.edu
Tue Feb 2 23:00:10 UTC 2021

The next Alaska EarthScope and Beyond seminar will be Mon February 8 3-4 pm eastern time. The talk with be:

Alaska Earthquakes in the EarthScope Era
Thorne Lay, UC Santa Cruz
Carl Tape, University of Alaska Fairbanks

Thorne will be discussing subduction earthquakes, and Carl will cover the others. There have been a lot of interesting earthquakes in Alaska recently, so you can expect some great material!

The registration link for the webinar is given below:
https://msu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_l6x8M6ZgTYKgSUmdTqGzaA

(there is a new link each week)

We had a great attendance each of the last two weeks, and we hope you will join us this coming Monday! This is the last time we will be sending messages out to broad mailing lists about the series – after this, we will send only to our dedicated mailing list. So if you have not joined that list, please join now. To be on the mailing list for the whole semester and all synthesis events, send an email request to Sarah Roeske (smroeske at ucdavis.edu<mailto:smroeske at ucdavis.edu>).

We may still be able to take additional volunteers and nominations for speakers. If you want to volunteer yourself or someone else, email Julie Elliott (julieelliott at purdue.edu<mailto:julieelliott at purdue.edu>).

Jeff
Dr. Jeffrey T. Freymueller
Endowed Chair for Geology of the Solid Earth
Dept. of Earth and Environmental Sciences
Michigan State University
URLs: https://ees.natsci.msu.edu/people/faculty/freymueller-jeffrey/,  https://msu.edu/~freymuel/