AGU Fall Meeting 2021 - V011 Geophysical Constraints on Magma Storage in the Crust

Helene Le Mevel hlemevel at carnegiescience.edu
Thu Jul 1 16:36:18 UTC 2021

Dear all,

Please consider submitting an abstract to our AGU 2021 session on constraining the properties of magma reservoirs in the crust using geophysics:

Session V011. Geophysical Constraints on Magma Storage in the Crust: Measuring Depths, Melt Volumes, and their Uncertainties
The eruptive potential of volcanoes is governed by the characteristics of the underlying magma storage network. Properties such as melt fraction, melt volume, depth(s) of storage, and network geometry can be imaged with static geophysical imaging techniques (e.g. seismic imaging, potential fields and magnetotelluric inversions), estimated from dynamic geophysical processes (e.g. ground deformation, seismicity), and/or investigated using petrological analysis of eruptive products while higher resolution and more robust interpretations are often achieved through integration of multiple datasets. This session aims to bring together new observations as well as advances in observational and modeling techniques to explore how different datasets can be integrated to characterize complex, multi-scale magmatic systems. We welcome contributions from observational disciplines including, but not limited to seismology, geodesy, magnetotellurics, and petrology. We particularly encourage contributions that evaluate multiple datasets and/or studies focused on the assessment of uncertainty.

Follow this link to submit: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm21/prelim.cgi/Session/119473 <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm21/prelim.cgi/Session/119473>

Looking forward to seeing you in December,

Daniel Portner, Carnegie Institution for Science
Hélène Le Mével, Carnegie Institution for Science
Darcy Cordell, Georgia Institute of Technology