Human Resources Assistant – Hybrid Remote/Office Work Options Available
tangye at unavco.org
Wed Jul 28 22:07:03 UTC 2021
UNAVCO is accepting applications for a Human Resources Assistant
Tracking Code: 219-532
UNAVCO, is a Boulder, Colorado based non-profit, university governed
consortium that facilitates geoscience research and education using geodesy
(studies on the size, shape, and other physical characteristics of the
Earth). The HR Team supports UNAVCO’s mission by establishing partnerships
with leaders and team members to achieve UNAVCO’s strategic business goals.
The Human Resources Assistant will be an integral member of the HR Team
through assisting with the day-to-day administrative human resources
functions. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong
interpersonal skills who can relate to all employees ranging from entry
level to leaders.
*Application Process:* Applications will only be accepted via UNAVCO's
career website (*https://www.unavco.org/careers/)
<https://unavcocareers.silkroad.com/>*. Application review begins *August
16, 2021* and will continue until the position is filled.
Application materials must include a cover letter outlining your specific
experience with and interest in this position and a complete resume.
applications will not be considered*
*Location:* UNAVCO supports a robust remote work environment, this position
will provide for a Hybrid Office/Remote work schedule and is located in the
Boulder, Colorado Office.
*Salary range is $39,527 - $57,313* with actual salary based on candidate’s
*Benefits:* UNAVCO offers very competitive benefits including Medical,
Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Supplemental Benefits, 4 weeks Paid Time
Off (PTO), and a retirement plan with a 10% employer contribution.
*Where You Will Work: *
UNAVCO maintains and operates the Geodetic Facility for the Advancement of
Geoscience (GAGE) which provides support to the National Science Foundation
(NSF) investigator community for geodesy, Earth Sciences research,
education and workforce development with broad societal benefits. As part
of GAGE, UNAVCO operates a large network of geodetic instruments (primarily
GNSS) and a world class data facility and archive which provides cyber
infrastructure to support the full data life cycle and interoperability
with national and international Earth science Data Centers.
For over three decades, UNAVCO has spearheaded the utilization of
cutting-edge technologies in support of geodesy while providing robust
operational support for researchers exploring the solid Earth (earthquakes,
volcanoes, plate tectonics), the hydrosphere (deformation of ice, the
Earth's response to groundwater, sea level change), and the atmosphere. Our
instrumentation toolbox includes high-precision GPS, LiDAR, TLS, optical
imagery, InSAR, and more.
*What You Will Do:*
- Maintain all HR related electronic documents, which includes but is
not limited to; personnel files, policies/procedures on Confluence
(Intranet), recruitment/promotion files, workers compensation, etc.
Ensuring accuracy, compliance, and confidentiality.
- Prepare and route through DocuSign all employee personnel
transactions; employee change notices, on-boarding letters, termination
checklists, etc. File electronic signature documents accordingly.
- Work with HR Manager, hiring managers, and other UNAVCO teams on new
employee orientation and onboarding of employees, complete I-9 Employment
Verification Form, schedule on-boarding meetings for all related
- Assist with processing employment separations. Create exit packets and
employee exit letters. Apply record retention policy to ensure proper
archiving and access to all files.
- Compose, distribute and manage routine and complex written
correspondence as required for the position or requested by the HR Team.
- Coordinate with payroll, to ensure new-hires, terminations, or
personnel changes are completed before payroll processing.
- Develop a tracking system for unemployment claims and notify HR
Manager when claims are received. File claims as directed.
- Assist with benefit open enrollment processes. Coordinate with PEO to
schedule employee communications, open enrollment meetings for employees.
- Assists with the performance review process for mid-year check-ins and
- Assists with recruitment efforts; post position announcements,
schedule committee meetings and candidate interviews, send reference check
- Assist with Workers Compensation claims and coordination of claims
with 3rd Party Administrator. Maintain all claims for OSHA reporting and
internal safety investigations. Participate in Safety Committee Meetings.
- Maintain and update human resources documents, such as employee
handbooks or directories, and/or human resources’ forms as needed and/or
- Attend meetings (retirement, benefits, safety, etc.) and prepare
meeting minutes and action items as requested or assigned. Prepare and
maintain standard and ad hoc records, meeting minutes, reports, and queries.
- Maintain employee and management confidence and protect organization
operations by keeping information confidential; cautioning others regarding
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual
improvements in efficiency of Human Resources and services performed in
area of expertise.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as
*Applicable Skills / Core Competencies*
- Basic knowledge of federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Google Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effectively
converse with all levels of the company, customers, business associates.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy and data integrity.
- Familiarity and ability to work with Applicant Tracking Software.
- Basic understanding of human resource principles, practices and
- Ability to handle data and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to create internal alliances outside the immediate team or
- Knowledge of and ability to use various web-based applications for
procurement, travel, expense processing, information technology, etc.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to analyze, troubleshoot and
proactively resolve issues.
- Ability to adapt to changing expectations and multi-task comfortably.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal
- Professional integrity and accountability.
*Supervision and Leadership:*
Interacts effectively with various UNAVCO staff in a support role to ensure
the completion of assigned responsibilities. Does not have supervisory
*What You Need: *
High school diploma, GED or equivalent. A minimum of two (2) years of
administrative experience with responsibility for coordinating meetings and
general office management.
*OR* Associate's Degree in human resources, business or related field, and
one (1) year of administrative experience with responsibility for
coordinating meetings and general office management.
*AND* Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Google
Mail and Google Docs.
- Experience directly supporting HR, including familiarity with local,
state, and federal regulations regarding employment.
- Experience with DocsVault, PEOs (TriNet) and SilkRoad Applicant
We are unable to provide sponsorship for work authorization within the
UNAVCO is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action
employer. Our long-term success depends on the development of a
forward-looking, diversified workforce. UNAVCO values diverse perspectives
and backgrounds in all positions within the organization and is fully
committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal
and State laws, and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative
action. UNAVCO encourages applications from candidates who are members of
historically underrepresented groups. This includes candidates from
different socioeconomic backgrounds, candidates with disabilities,
candidates with unique life experiences, etc. Women, Veterans, Individuals
with Disabilities and members of the BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ communities are
encouraged to apply. All qualified and complete applications will be
considered. Individuals with a disability needing an accommodation as part
of the employment selection process should contact HR at unavco.org or
UNAVCO supports a safe work environment for all staff. As part of our
commitment, UNAVCO conducts background checks. Background checks will vary
and are based on position requirements. Background checks may include but
are not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle
history, financial history and/or education verification. Background checks
may also be conducted when required by law or when at the discretion of
UNAVCO is reasonable and prudent to do so. UNAVCO complies with the Fair
Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
Human Resources Manager
6350 Nautilus Drive
Boulder CO 80301
tangye at unavco.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the unav_all