Director of Geodetic Data Services

Rebecca Bendick bendick at unavco.org
Mon Mar 1 15:34:09 UTC 2021

Dear UNAVCO Community:

Please join me in congratulating Dave Mencin on assuming the role of Director of Geodetic Data Services.  After a national search with several very strong candidates, the search committee unanimously selected Dave for the position.  Dave brings an exhaustive knowledge of current UNAVCO operations and our shared vision for the future of the organization to the Directorship.  He has deep technical expertise in both the legacy products and services critical to GDS performance and the emerging opportunities in cloud, distributed, and high-performance computing that will shape our future.  He also has a very strong relationship with our partners at IRIS and with all of our sponsor agencies.  I can’t wait to work with Dave and the GDS team to help our data program evolve and innovate in the coming months and years.

All the best,
Becks
Rebecca Bendick
bendick at unavco.org