April 1st deadline, outstanding publication nominations, SGT/GSA

Scott Giorgis giorgis at geneseo.edu
Tue Mar 2 00:12:25 UTC 2021

Dear Structure and Tectonics Community Members,

I hope you were able to attend the Division's Reception, Award, and
Business Meeting virtually last Fall to congratulate last year’s recipients
of the 2020 Outstanding Publication Award:

Dolan, J.F., D.D. Bowman, and C.G. Sammis (2007), Long-range and long-term
fault interactions in Southern California, Geology, v. 35, no. 9, p.
855–858, doi: 10.1130/G23789A.1.

*Help us continue to recognize the groundbreaking science done within our
community:  Please submit a nomination for the 2021 Outstanding Publication
Award.  *We received many strong nominations last year, and all nominations
from last year will be considered this year. Please send in new nominations
by April 1st.

The nomination process is simple, quick, and enjoyable.

Nominations include:

(1) A full citation.

(2) Nomination (as short as a paragraph; letters or reviews may also be
included).

Nominations might address these questions:

• Why is the publication exceptional?

• How has the contribution changed your work?

• What are specific advances made by the publication?

• How has the work influenced the work of others?

(3) Name and address of nominator.

Please send nominations (or questions) to me at: giorgis at geneseo.edu.

More information on the Outstanding Publication Award
<https://community.geosociety.org/sgt/awards/outstandingpublication> can be
found on the SGT Division webpage.

The SGT Division Board looks forward to seeing you in Portland (hopefully
in person!) for our 2021 fall meeting and reception. Come help honor our
2021 award winners.

Scott Giorgis
Chair - Outstanding Publication Award Committee
GSA Structural Geology and Tectonics Division