COMET Webinar, 17 March, 4 PM GMT/UK time: Dr Iris van Zelst, University of Leeds

Chris Rollins J.C.Rollins at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Mar 5 19:25:20 UTC 2021

[cid:5f651675-9b77-44ae-9c89-ff0db79dd57f]

Dear Colleagues,

COMET (The Centre for Observation and Modelling of Earthquakes, Volcanoes, and Tectonics) invites you to the next instalment of our webinar series, viewable from the home office.

“101 Geodynamic Modelling Applied to Subduction”

Dr. Iris van Zelst (University of Leeds)

Wednesday the 17th of March 2021 at 16.00 UK time (GMT)

Abstract: Geodynamic modelling provides a powerful tool to investigate processes in the Earth's crust, mantle, and core that are not directly observable. In this webinar, I will introduce the main concepts of geodynamic modelling and highlight some of the best practices. To illustrate the workflow of a numerical modelling study, I present results from my current study on the effect of temperature-dependent thermal parameters on the thermal structure of subduction zones in numerical models.

Please register at: https://universityofleeds.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_OUD5OOs6TaKbaWHLbWMJYA

(After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information on how to join the webinar)

Best wishes,

Chris Rollins & Tamarah King

COMET - Centre for the Observation and Modelling of Earthquakes, Volcanoes and Tectonics

https://comet.nerc.ac.uk/

@NERC_COMET<https://twitter.com/nerc_comet?lang=en>

COMET webinars on youtube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtFDytX1hgjvlS4NH48M2oQ/videos>