SZ4D Implementation Draft

Emily Brodsky brodsky at ucsc.edu
Fri Oct 29 21:29:51 UTC 2021

We are extremely pleased to be able to present to you the first draft of
the SZ4D implementation plan <https://www.sz4d.org/projects-3>. This report
is the outgrowth of the SZ4D RCN process that many of you have
participated in.

This document is emphatically a draft. It is not meant to be viewed as a
proposal, but rather a concrete starting point for discussions with
agencies and other potential partners. Chapters 2 and 3 were previously
released for general community input, and revised to reflect community
feedback.  The document is 162 pages long, but many readers may benefit
from just reading the 7 page Executive Summary or simply watching the video
at the bottom of the page.

We are now seeking serious feedback from the agencies and community on the
full document and have three mechanisms for collecting thoughts: (1) a
google form, (2) email to the steering committee at SC at sz4d.org and (3)
public forums both online starting Nov. 10 and in-person at AGU.

We hope that this document will answer some of your questions about  SZ4D,
but we are sure there will still be many issues. Please let us know your
thoughts so that we can revise and improve in the remaining year of the RCN.

Emily (on behalf of the SZ4D Steering Committee)

--
Emily E. Brodsky
Professor