2022-2023 CIG Distinguished Speakers: host applications now being accepted

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Tue Aug 16 17:10:06 UTC 2022

Hi,

We are excited to introduce the 2022-2023 CIG Distinguished Speakers:

Subducted Slabs, Mantle Plumes, and the Plate Tectonic Cycle
Juliane Dannberg, University of Florida

Can we (yet) predict how fast Greenland is going to melt?
Mathieu Morlighem, Dartmouth College
The CIG Speakers Series seeks to promote computational modeling in geodynamics and related Earth science disciplines. Speakers are drawn from a diverse pool of experts with exceptional capability to communicate the power of computation for understanding the dynamic forces that shape the surface and operate in the interior of our planet. Lectures are aimed at a broad scientific audience suitable for departmental or university colloquia series, and similar venues. Institutions with strong math and computational science departments or with diverse populations that are underrepresented in STEM are encouraged to apply

Speakers will be available to meet with students and faculty during their visit. We encourage applications to host speakers from a wide range of disciplines and undergraduate institutions that increase the diversity of our community.

Interested in hosting speaker? More information can be found on our website:

https://geodynamics.org/outreach/speaker <https://geodynamics.org/outreach/speaker>
Apply before October 1, 2022 for full consideration by sending an inquiry through our ticketing system here:

https://geodynamics.org/support/ticket/new <https://geodynamics.org/support/ticket/new>
Please feel to forward and share this with others.

Regards,
-Lorraine

Lorraine Hwang, Ph.D. - Director
Computational Infrastructure for Geodynamics
UC Davis
geodynamics.org <http://geodynamics.org/>