APPLY NOW: Short Course on Using NSF's New Magnetotelluric Instruments and Data Processing Tools

Andy Frassetto andy.frassetto at iris.edu
Mon Aug 22 18:48:19 UTC 2022

Where: South-Central Rio Grande Rift
When: Monday, October 17 thru midday Friday, October 21

Are you interested in learning how to use magnetotellurics (MT) to study
a range of Earth systems at different scales? If so, this is your
chance! We encourage you to apply to our short course this fall that
will cover a smorgasbord of topics related to doing science with MT. The
course program will span everything from theory and instrumentation to
data processing software and the tips and tools for analysis, modeling,
and interpretation. This event is geared towards the academic research
community, with no prior experience with MT needed!

Staff from NSF’s SAGE facility at IRIS and New Mexico Tech University,
and supported by expert instructors from the MT research community, will
host a 4.5 day course at the PASSCAL Instrument Center on the NMT campus
in Socorro, New Mexico. We are planning a hands-on experience with the
state-of-the-art MT instruments managed by the PIC and the evolving
landscape of software tools for developing research products with MT
datasets. A generalized agenda is available now, with further detail and