Geodesy tenure-track/permanent position at Australian National University

Matt King matt.king at utas.edu.au
Tue Feb 15 00:45:58 UTC 2022

On behalf of Paul Tregoning:
Open position in Geodesy/Geophysics

The Research School of Earth Sciences and the Institute for Water Futures, Australian National University seeks to appoint an academic colleague (tenure-track or continuing) in geodesy/geophysics. We encourage applications from individuals with expertise in geodesy and/or remote sensing Earth observations to study time-varying processes on Earth. Candidates who are able to apply their satellite observation expertise to water-related issues (groundwater, mass balance studies, water resources), and/or to other strategic areas in RSES are encouraged to apply.

We welcome applicants with a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in geodesy, geophysics or allied disciplines. They should be able to demonstrate an outstanding record of research and research communication and demonstrate potential to establish a dynamic, world-leading research programme, and to acquire external funding to support individual and collaborative research activities.

The appointee will contribute to our vibrant program of undergraduate and post-graduate teaching and will be able to demonstrate their desire and potential to inspire and educate the next generation of scientists and leaders.

The Research School of Earth Sciences and the Australian National University are committed to a pro-active and inclusive approach to equality, which promotes an inclusive culture and values diversity. We particularly encourage women and candidates from underrepresented minorities to apply. We are committed to fostering a collaborative and inclusive working environment. Details of some of the inclusive policies operated by the School can be found at: https://earthsciences.anu.edu.au/about/our-culture.

The appointments will be made at an appropriate salary for Research Fellow (Level B) or Fellow (Level C) in a continuing position.
Applicants should submit:

  1.  A CV
  2.  A list of publications
  3.  A statement addressing all selection criteria, identifying, where possible, synergies with the School's strategic priorities (see further particulars for details).
  4.  A proposed research program for the next 5 years.
  5.  Contact details of three recent referees.

The closing date for applications is 30th April 2022

Further particulars and information can be found at https://jobs.anu.edu.au/cw/en/job/543555/research-fellow-fellow-associate-professor-professor-multiple-positions
See also our website https://earthsciences.anu.edu.au<https://earthsciences.anu.edu.au/>
Research School of Earth Sciences, 142 Mills Road, Canberra, 2600 ACT, Australia.

 Professor Paul Tregoning
 Head, Geodesy Group
 Research School of Earth Sciences
 Building 142,  Mills Road