Kind request to share faculty cluster hire opportunity at Stanford University

Isabel Carrera Zamanillo micz at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 4 20:44:40 UTC 2022

Hi,
My name is Isabel Carrera Zamanillo/Lupe Carrillo and I'm the assistant director/Director for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Stanford University’s School of Earth, Energy, and Environmental Sciences<https://earth.stanford.edu/>. I am also part of the Environmental Justice Working Group at Stanford, since my professional background is in environmental/climate justice.
We are currently in the process of building a new School focused on climate and sustainability<https://sustainabilityinitiative.stanford.edu/> and I am hoping that you can help us by sharing these faculty role opportunities with anyone who may be interested in Stanford’s new cluster hires in both Climate Science<https://facultypositions.stanford.edu/cw/en-us/job/493388?lApplicationSubSourceID=> (broadly defined) and in Sustainable Development and Environmental Justice<https://facultypositions.stanford.edu/cw/en-us/job/493389?lApplicationSubSourceID=>. These searches are for multiple tenured or tenure-track faculty appointments at the assistant, associate, or full professor level. Appointments from this search will be made in the new School on Climate and Sustainability, which is expected to receive an official name early in 2022. The faculty appointments will begin operating in the 2022-2023 academic year.
We are searching for innovative scholars with a demonstrated record for high-impact research commensurate with the level of appointment, and a commitment to contributing to a strong and inclusive university community at Stanford University. Over the last two years, Stanford University has bolstered its commitment to increasing the diversity of our faculty through the IDEAL initiative<https://ideal.stanford.edu/>, and we will be continuing to implement and expand our Earth DEI action plan<https://earth.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/media/file/DEI%20Report.Final_.2021.March%2026.pdf> to further diversify the field of Climate and Sustainability in the New school with the leadership of former CCSRE<https://ccsre.stanford.edu/> director Matt Snipp<https://sociology.stanford.edu/people/c-matthew-snipp>.  I would greatly appreciate your help in bringing this opportunity to the attention of any potential candidates in your networks.
Thank you so much for any support in helping us with our search and please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Isabel Carrera Zamanillo
Assistant Director
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Pronouns: she/her/ella

[cid:a92988ab-c313-4d36-bdbc-724c51b2e368]