Scientist/Seismologist Position at AIR Worldwide/Verisk Analytics
MKraner at air-worldwide.com
Wed Jan 19 15:21:05 UTC 2022
Hi UNAVCO community,
Former UNAVCO intern here announcing recruitment for a Scientist/Seismologist Position at AIR Worldwide/Verisk Analytics. Details are below.
Institution: AIR Worldwide/Verisk Analytics
Open Until Filled
AIR Worldwide/Verisk Analytics is a catastrophe/risk modeling firm with US offices located in San Francisco, CA and Boston, MA. We are currently hiring a Scientist/Seismologist in our Boston office. This posting is for a Senior level position (minimum 3 years of experience), but we are also open to hiring at the Junior/Entry level (new graduate).
* Work with established research and modeling teams to conduct and assimilate earthquake ground motion research and site effects to enhance the ground motion model that can better predict ground motion intensity fields for all types of earthquakes
* Manage the collection and analysis of a wide range of observational data and use them to evaluate and select the published ground motion models, develop ground motion logic trees that are customized to different regional and local geological and geophysical environments.
* Manage the collection and analysis of geological, geophysical, and geotechnical data to develop high resolution site and basin amplification map
* Ph.D. in Geophysics or Master of Science in Geophysics.
* 3 or more years of research or industry experience in earthquake hazard modeling.
* Must have a strong knowledge in seismology and strong ground motion, solid understanding of and experience in ground motion modeling.
* Must have the ability to interpret surface geological, geophysical, and geotechnical data for characterization of shallow site condition, basin effects, and site response analysis.
* Good knowledge in probabilistic seismic hazard analysis and the ability to gather, integrate, and critically analyze data and results from all relevant sources of natural hazard information.
* Strong analytic skills and proficiency in scientific programming languages, including C++, FORTRAN, Python, R, with 3+ years of experience with at least one of the languages.
* Proficiency in working in Windows and Linux/Unix environment, including scripting in languages such as C-shell, Bash, Tcl/Tk.
* Highly motivated and self-directed with demonstrated experience in advancing complex projects and working with interdisciplinary teams of scientists.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply:
The job posting and more information can be found at the link below:
Candidates are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
This email is intended solely for the recipient. It may contain privileged, proprietary or confidential information or material. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email and any attachments and notify the sender of the error.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the unav_all