Job Announcement for Geodesist / CORS Analyst Opening at US National Geodetic Survey

David Sandwell dsandwell at ucsd.edu
Wed Jul 20 03:48:41 UTC 2022

Hi Katherine,

Would you be interested in this position?  You would be their ideal candidate as a US citizen and someone who knows GNSS data processing; InSAR would be a bonus but also something they need.

Not sure about the location.  They may allow someone to work remote.  John Galetzka has worked remote most of his career.

This is not your ideal USGS job but close.  I think the USGS will also need a GNSS/InSAR person since their lower level InSAR people (Mike Poland, Michelle Sneed, Zhong Lu, Chuck Wicks) have all moved into management.

Anyway it does not hurt to apply as long as you don’t leave too soon!

David

> On Jul 19, 2022, at 11:07 AM, John Galetzka - NOAA Federal <john.galetzka at noaa.gov> wrote:
>
> Hey UNAVCO community,
>
> The U.S. National Geodetic Survey (NGS) announced two Geodesist/CORS Analyst positions last autumn, but only one position was filled.  I am very happy to say that we have finally got around to re-advertising the vacant position!  Please see the announcement below for more details:
>
> Link to position announcement for the public (U.S. citizens, Nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.):
> https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/666253600
>
> Link to position announcement for U.S. citizens who are currently federal employees, veterans, or individuals with disabilities:
> https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/666254000
>
> The announcement will only be open for 14 days -- July 20, 2022 to August 2, 2022.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this position.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John
>
> --
> John Galetzka