AGU session G009 - Recent Advances in SAR and InSAR Processing, Big Data Analysis and Earth Science Applications

Eric Lindsey eol at unm.edu
Thu Jul 28 21:24:09 UTC 2022

Dear Colleagues,

We invite you to contribute to our session at AGU 2022: G009, Recent Advances in SAR and InSAR Processing, Big Data Analysis and Earth Science Applications. We welcome contributions highlighting new results derived from SAR and InSAR data across the Earth system (including cryosphere, hydrology, tectonics, and volcanology), as well as new techniques and methodologies that exploit these large and growing datasets.

View the session here: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm22/prelim.cgi/Session/156678; the deadline for abstracts is August 3.

Session Description:
Over the past few years, observations from highly capable SAR satellites including ESA's Sentinel-1A/B and JAXA’s ALOS-2 have resulted in a remarkable increase in SAR data availability that will continue to grow with the forthcoming NASA-ISRO NISAR mission. The scope and variety of these data has resulted in a golden age for SAR and InSAR results, providing enormous scientific opportunities coupled with significant technical and computational challenges. Here we solicit contributions detailing methods and strategies that address these opportunities and challenges, highlighting recent SAR and InSAR developments in the following areas: (1) Data processing techniques that take full advantage of the densely sampled time-series information and development of new data products; (2) Advances in big data analytics, deep learning and cloud-based processing techniques applied to SAR and InSAR, and development and distribution of value-added products; (3) submissions that focus on new frontiers of SAR and InSAR applications.

Conveners:
Eric Lindsey, University of New Mexico
Ann Jingyi Chen, University of Texas at Austin
David Bekaert, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Brent Minchew, Massachusetts Institute of technology

Cross-listed:
V - Volcanology, Geochemistry and Petrology
T - Tectonophysics
H - Hydrology
C - Cryosphere

Kind regards,