Short course proposals - GAGE/SAGE 2023 Community Science Workshop

Beth Pratt-Sitaula prattsitaula at unavco.org
Thu Nov 17 22:04:31 UTC 2022

Dear Community Members

Planning is underway for the 2023 GAGE/SAGE Community Science Workshop <https://www.unavco.org/news/save-the-date-gage-sage-2023-community-science-workshop/>.
Monday-Wednesday March 27-29, 2023
Pasadena Convention Center, Pasadena, California
This is the equivalent of the UNAVCO and IRIS Science Workshops, which were previously held separately but have been joint since 2019. (ex. 2022 Workshop <https://www.iris.edu/hq/workshops/2022/06/csw#agenda>)

The day prior to the main meeting, Sunday March 26, will be open for short courses on topics of interest to the community.
We are currently soliciting suggestions for ½- or 1-day short courses or workshops that you would be interested to run and/or you would like to see given by others.
For short courses accepted to the program, GAGE/SAGE Science Workshop will provide the room space, basic projection, and wifi connections for presenters and participants. Other costs associated with a short course (food, supplies, additional power, presenter costs) will need to be covered through short course registration fees, grant support, or GAGE/SAGE facility sponsorship.

Please submit this Short Course Proposal Form <https://forms.gle/dkroJt2ZTFA4vDM99> with your proposal/suggestion by Tuesday December 20, 2022. We anticipate notifying people about proposal acceptances shortly thereafter.

Thank you - let me know if you have any questions
-Beth Pratt-Sitaula

Beth Pratt-Sitaula, PhD
UNAVCO Science Education Project Manager II
prattsitaula at unavco.org | 509-899-3480 | www.unavco.org