COMET Webinar: Professor David Pyle, University of Oxford: 21 September 2021, 4PM UK time

Qi Ou Q.Ou at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Sep 7 10:53:55 UTC 2022

Dear Colleagues,

COMET (The Centre for Observation and Modelling of Earthquakes, Volcanoes, and Tectonics) invites you to the next installment of our COMET webinar series, viewable from the home office.

What drives explosive volcanic eruptions, and their impacts? Insights from forensic analysis of past events

Wednesday 21th September 2021 at 4pm UK time (3pm UTC / 5pm CEST / 8am PDT)

Professor David Pyle

University of Oxford, UK

Please register at: https://universityofleeds.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_JTq_W-qBQ4OxDLnzym-ZVQ <https://universityofleeds.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_z5l1aY-4Q_2pCXzuu67VGw>

(After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information on how to join the webinar.)

Abstract:

Every year, new volcanic eruptions capture our attention, and present us with new challenges: could we have anticipated this event? Were the impacts as expected, and could we have done better at mitigating them? And what gaps in our current understanding of volcanic eruptions do the events reveal?

Catch up on past COMET and COMET+ webinars on our YouTube page: https:/www.youtube.com/channel/UCtFDytX1hgjvlS4NH48M2oQ/video<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtFDytX1hgjvlS4NH48M2oQ/videos>

Best wishes,

Scott Watson & Qi Ou

COMET - Centre for the Observation and Modelling of Earthquakes, Volcanoes and Tectonics

https://comet.nerc.ac.uk/

@NERC_COMET<https://twitter.com/nerc_comet?lang=en>