Command Line Interface (CLI) and SDK Release for Data File Server Authentication and Access September 8, 2022

Daniel McNamara daniel.mcnamara at unavco.org
Thu Sep 8 19:49:37 UTC 2022

Dear UNAVCO Community,

As previously announced
<https://postal.unavco.org/pipermail/unav-data/2022q2/000092.html>, the
GAGE Facility, operated by UNAVCO, is developing a data user registration
and login system for access to our HTTPS Data File Server to improve
reporting of data archive usage to sponsors.

Today, September 8, 2022, we are making available a Command Line Interface
<https://www.unavco.org/data/gps-gnss/file-server/command-line-interface.html>
(CLI) and an accompanying Software Developer Kit (SDK), both written in
Python, that facilitate the authentication of registered users and provide
tokens for ongoing/long-running script access to our initial release data
file server with identity management (IdM) available at data-idm.unavco.org.
This initial release server is available for users to try until October 1,
2022 to facilitate transition to this new way of accessing data files with
authentication.

On *October 1, 2022*, based on feedback and updates to the system and our
CLI during this transition period, identity management will be put into
production on our main production HTTPS Data File Server (data.unavco.org)
and the initial release server, data-idm.unavco.org, will be retired. User
registration and login will then become the only way to access our HTTPS
Data File Server and the CLI will be necessary for scripted data file
server access.

   -

   See documentation for downloading and using the CLI
   <https://www.unavco.org/data/gps-gnss/file-server/command-line-interface.html>
   .

See also our website for our data file server transition plan
<https://www.unavco.org/data/gps-gnss/file-server/file-server-transition-notice.html>,
example data access scripts
<https://www.unavco.org/data/gps-gnss/file-server/file-server-access-examples.html>,
and File Server Layout
<https://www.unavco.org/data/gps-gnss/file-server/file-server.html> page
for instructions for HTTPS data file access.

Please try this new Command Line Interface and contact us with questions,
suggestions, and concerns at software at unavco.org <data at unavco.org>.

To see more data archive specific notices please subscribe to
unav-data at unavco.org <https://postal.unavco.org/mailman/listinfo/unav-data>.

Regards,

The GAGE-SAGE IdM Development Team:

Jim Riley, Kelly Enloe, Alex Hamilton, Shannon Ganz, Scott Schreiner -
UNAVCO GDS

Rob Casey, Adam Clark - IRIS DS

Doug Ertz, UNAVCO GDS Software Engineering Manager

Dan McNamara, UNAVCO GDS Archive Manager

Dave Mencin, UNAVCO GDS Director