Postdoc Positions in Bristol, UK.

Juliet Biggs Juliet.Biggs at bristol.ac.uk
Mon Sep 12 09:49:04 UTC 2022

Dear all,

We have two postdoc positions on offer as part of the ERC grant ‘Imaging Magmatic Systems’ (MAST) based at the University of Bristol, UK:

  1.  Geodetic Modelling: The postdoc will develop inverse models of InSAR data to image strain within magmatic systems. We are looking for candidates with experience of geophysical inverse modelling in the solid earth geosciences, and are particularly looking for candidates with experience using geodetic data to study the earthquake cycle or volcanic deformation.

  1.  Modelling Magmatic Systems: The postdoc will develop 3-D models of magmatic architecture based on the growth and coalescence of intrusions, and explore the link between the long-term growth of magma bodies and observations of short-term deformation. We are looking for candidates with experience of numerical modelling in the solid earth geosciences, preferably of magmatic systems and/or volcanic deformation.

The positions are for 2.5 years initially, starting from Jan 2023 onwards.

For informal enquiries please contact Prof. Juliet Biggs (juliet.biggs at bristol.ac.uk)

Candidates need to apply through the university website (containing more details on the position):
https://www.bristol.ac.uk/jobs/find/details/?jobId=285676&jobTitle=Research%20Associate%20in%20Modelling%20Magmatic%20Systems
https://www.bristol.ac.uk/jobs/find/details/?jobId=285415&jobTitle=Research%20Associate%20in%20Geodetic%20Modelling

Deadline: Sept 30th

Juliet

Professor Juliet Biggs
School of Earth Sciences, University of Bristol

Associate Director, Cabot Institute for the Environment, University of Bristol bristol.ac.uk/cabot<http://www.bristol.ac.uk/cabot> Twitter<https://twitter.com/cabotinstitute>
Deputy Director, COMET, NERC Centre for the Observation and Modelling of Earthquakes Volcanoes and Tectonics https://comet.nerc.ac.uk/

Top 10 UK university and 62nd in the world (QS Rankings 2022)
Top 5 UK university for research (THE analysis of REF 2021)
3rd most targeted university by top UK employers (High Fliers 2022)