[Winsar-Users] ANNOUNCEMENT: Major changes to InSAR data access and related web pages at UNAVCO

Fran Boler boler at unavco.org
Wed Jul 11 11:40:01 MDT 2012

Dear WInSAR Data User-

UNAVCO has been working behind the scenes for over a year to improve the
SAR archive infrastructure, data organization, and the tools for
accessing SAR data at UNAVCO.  We have also worked to reorganize the
WInSAR web site and created a new set of pages for the SAR data archive
at UNAVCO. We are pleased to announce that the new tools and supporting
SAR web pages will be released on Tuesday July 17.

Here are some highlights of the new capabilities coming next week:

·An application programming interface (API) that allows you to
programmatically access the data you need

·An example Python client that works with the API

·A new web Graphical User Interface (GUI)

·The ability to search for WInSAR, EarthScope, or Supersites data
holdings through one interface

·EarthScope CSA Radarsat-1 data originally available as STF has all been
sliced into frames and formatted as CEOS

·Just one set of credentials (username/password) is needed to access any
data that you have rights to

A consequence of the migration to the new database and related storage
realignment is that we are unable to continue to support the current
data access tools once the new system is released. We will change to the
new system and the old system will simultaneously be retired. This will
happen next Tuesday and will involve a temporary shutdown for access to
the archive until the changeover is completed. Though we expect the
process to take just a few hours, it may take the entire day so please
plan your data access accordingly.

We will send links to the new services when the migration is complete.

Best regards,
Fran Boler

--
Fran Boler, Ph.D.